Monday, August 15, 2011

Catch up time...

So I have been horrible about blogging and I'm blaming the unreliable internet at the hotel! So catch up time...here we go...
We are no longer in Washington, we made a little trip south to sunny California and we have been here the past month and a half. We are loving it! The weather has been fabulous and I have a tan for the first time in 2 years! As I have said before, I am pretty easily entertained and little things make me happy and the combo of the hotel pool and the farmer's market across the street on Saturday mornings have me on cloud 9! I will say that I was a little taken back by how cold the water at the beach is, I'm use to lukewarm Texas water, but it was still really pretty and fun.
The first weekend of August we had to make a spur of the moment trip to Utah to go to Chris' sweet Grandma Eastman's funeral. 
It was very bitter sweet, it was fun to get to see family we just wish it was under different circumstances. The service was beautiful and there were a lot of little tender mercies that helped make her sudden passing a little easier. So thankful for the knowledge of the Gospel and that families are eternal.
One of the fun things we were able to do since it we decided to take this trip on such short notice was surprise Trayden! We surprised him and picked him up from daycare! We missed that little guy so much and we both were giddy pulling into the daycare parking lot to get him! We were even more excited because we were able to get him the day after his 4th birthday!! Can you believe it...I have a 4 year old! I was looking back at pictures from last summer and he looks so little. This past year has flown by and I just want him to stay little and at home with me forever.

I probably kissed that cute face a million times in the 3 days we had him! Oh and as for that Shamu baseball bat he is hugging (thanks lollie!)...he smacked quite a few hits over the fence! Chris had a perma grin on his face he was so proud!
Look who made the long journey from Texas to see us...
My little big sister! So excited to have her out here for a couple weeks and I think I have convinced her to come back to Utah with us for a little while! 
We went to Mt. Diablo and saw the Bay area from up high.
And after a picnic on the way down where we found huge pine cones...they really were massive
We found a car show across the street from our hotel...

We were kind of bummed because we got there at the end but it was fun to get to hear all the cars start and rev up as they were leaving. 
I can't believe that we only have a couple weeks left out here before we head back to reality in Utah. This summer has been an adventure! It's been so fun to get to spend so much time together, I'm sure Chris is ready for a break from me, but it is going to be weird not to be together all the time when we get back. What's going to be even weirder is having a schedule where I have to be somewhere at a certain time! I've been spoiled this summer and have had a relaxed job...okay very relaxed job! Working from my phone while I lay by the pool is about as good as it gets!
So until then, I'm going to sleep in, soak up as much sun as I can, and enjoy my one-on-one time with my hubby! 

No comments:

Post a Comment