Saturday, April 23, 2011

Tulips and Doors...

So I have a new obsession with Tulips/flowers in general! We went to the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival yesterday and it is the culprit for my new obsession! Fields and fields of Tulips and Daffodils!!!
These pictures definitely do not do it justice! I love going to small towns and getting to experience the little fun things they put on. I have to confess that we did not actually get to go into the fields, I could not convince Chris that walking through a field of flowers was worthy of our fun money lol, so we walked around the outside of the fields and drove the Tulip Route and saw all the fields! He was nice enough to slow down long enough for me to take pictures out of the car window! I kind of agree with him on the money part, it was beautiful but I don't think it would have been that much better getting to walk down rows of flowers! Bless his heart, he is a good sport!
Now onto Doors...
Since all the guys are not out here yet that will be in Chris' office, I have not had much to do office manager wise so I have been hitting the streets and knocking doors with Chris. Definitely better than sitting in the hotel room by myself! It has been an interesting experience. Usually people are pretty nice cause there is a lady with Chris....but not everyone! It's usually old men and women that are grumpy and a little rude. The first time we knocked on a man's door that fit into this category, I actually got my feelings hurt a little bit! I didn't tell Chris cause he would have called me a wuss! It doesn't phase him anymore, between being in this industry for 7 years and his mission you learn to not take it personal! The one thing I love about going out with him is that we have been able to meet some very nice people that make you forget about the grump that just slammed the door in your face. We placed an alarm in a couple's home that would have talked our ear off all night if we would have brought our jammies and a pillow! I now know an extensive amount of knowledge about rockhounding...for those of you that are not familiar with this activity it is digging for volcanic rocks and minerals. They were so cute! In their late 60's and just loved telling us stories. He had run 10 marathons and wanted to run a hundred but after he died, yes literally died, on the table after his 10th one, his heart doctor advised that he should call it good! It makes you wonder what type of old person you will be. Chris asked me what type I thought he would be, I said the type that puts on WAY too much after shave and pinches the butts of all the younger ladies that walk by! lol He laughed and then said, "ya, you're probably right!".

No comments:

Post a Comment