Friday, April 15, 2011

Everett, WA

We made it! I swear Chris and I feel like we have been living in our car lately! We calculated that in the past month we have driven 2,500 miles (that doesn't include the 1,600 that my mom and I drove to get to Texas!)! I love road trips and really don't mind being crammed in a car, Chris on the other had gets antsy and a little bit of cabin fever. He did really well though! 
We spent 2 days in Utah after we got back from Texas before we headed off on our next adventure. We spent the night in Oakley, ID with Chris' grandparents and we had a lot of fun. We stayed up way too late playing cards and subsequently laughed hysterically at things that really weren't very funny! The next morning we picked up Chris' cousin and headed on to Washington. The drive was half as long as the one to Texas but for some reason it felt twice as long. It was gorgeous though and that helped! I really could live in a travel trailer and just go from state to state. Chris on the other hand...not so much! He said he would just fly and meet me there!
My Washington findings so far:
1. It smells like a huge evergreen wallflower from Bath&Body!
2. The people here LOVE their coffee! A lady behind us in the check out line at Wal-Mart told us as she was sipping on her coffee that she doesn't wake up til 10 am and definitely has not had enough coffee this morning to be awake yet....it was 3:30 PM!! lol
3. There are an abnormal amount of redheads in the ward here.
4. It reminds me a ton of Alaska...the plants and trees and the houses.
5. There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to the road layouts!
6. It really does rain as much Grey's Anatomy makes it seem.
7. I have a strange urge to watch Twilight movies all the time! (and secretly want to go to Forks!)
We are having a lot of fun seeing this state so far. We went to a fabulous Thai restaurant when we first got here where the spring rolls were...
the size of my head!!
I was full by the time our curry came! But don't think that kept me from eating it! lol
We also indulged Chris' new obsession, bow hunting, by going to a local gun range where they had an out door bow target course.

There were 2 courses with around 20 targets and you hiked, yes hiked, a trail up and down a mountain and shot the targets at various distances. Chris was in heaven so it was fun to share that with him. It was also a good motivator to get me back in shape cause that course kicked my trash! Needless to say, I started running the next day!
We have found a few local things that we are excited to do while we are here and one is the Tulip Festival which I think we are going to try to go to this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment